Below is a list of my past and upcoming publications. I indicate whether the PDFs included here are pre- or post-print for each publication; I also provide a URL to the final version online, which may not be freely available. If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.
All Rights Reserved -- The WRITING section is exempt from my CC-0 license. As applicable, the copyright of these publications may be held by the press that publishes the journal or book, not myself. However, I hold the copyright to pre-print manuscripts regardless of the final version's copyright status. On the other hand, SYLLABI are in the public domain, so use away.
- "Building a Japanese Manga Collection for Non-Traditional Patrons in an Academic Library," with Michael P. Williams. In Graphic Novels: Selecting, Acquiring, and Cataloging Nuts and Bolts for Libraries (ALCTS Monograph, forthcoming).
- "Sari Kawana, The Uses of Literature in Modern Japan: Histories and Cultures of the Book." Book review, East Asian Publishing & Society 9, no. 1 (February 2019). (preprint PDF)
- "Leveraging Local Networks and International Partnerships in Japanese Collection Development" with Michael P. Williams. In The Globalized Library: Leveraging Local Networks and International Partnerships in Japanese Collection Development (ACRL, 2019). (final PDF)
- "Inventing Saikaku: Collectors, Provenance, and the Social Creation of an Author." Book History 20 (2017), p. 274-306. (preprint PDF)
- "The Digital Archive of Japan's 2011 Disasters" (review). Dissertation Reviews (2015).